HOW TO CLEAN A GOLF CART WINDSHIELD
Golf cart windshields are made of acrylic or polycarbonate, which are more susceptible to scratches than glass. That's why it's important to clean them with care. Here's how to clean a golf cart windshield the right way.
Gather your supplies. You'll need a few soft microfiber cloth towels, a mild dish soap, a bucket of warm water and a bottle of commercial golf cart windshield cleaner and polish, but be sure to choose one that is ammonia-free such as TNT Plastic Windshield Cleaner and Polish.
1. Mix the soap and water solution. Add a few drops of dish soap to a bucket of warm water.
2. Dip the first cloth in the soapy water. Wring it out so that it's damp, but not dripping wet.
3. Wipe the windshield clean on both sides. Start at the top and work your way down. Be sure to get into all the corners.
4. Rinse the windshield with clean water and allow it to dry
5. Apply TNT Plastic Windshield Cleaner and Polish to another cloth and buff the polish to a hazy finish
6. After the hazy finish has completely dried, buff the windshield to a crystal clear super slick surface that will subsequent cleanings even easier.
Here are some additional tips for cleaning a golf cart windshield:
1. Avoid using paper towels or newspaper. These materials can scratch the windshield.
2. Don't use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners. These can damage the windshield.
3. If your windshield has any scratches, you can try polishing them out with a commercial glass polish.
4. Clean your windshield regularly to prevent dirt and debris from building up.
By following these tips, you can keep your golf cart windshield clean and clear for years to come.
If your windshield has any stubborn stains, you can try using a commercial glass cleaner. Be sure to test the cleaner in an inconspicuous area first to make sure it doesn't damage the windshield.
If your windshield has any scratches, you can try polishing them out with a commercial glass polish. Be sure to follow the directions on the polish carefully.
If you live in an area with a lot of pollen or insects, you may need to clean your windshield more often.
If you're not comfortable cleaning your windshield yourself, you can take it to a professional detailer.